Page
of 2

Login failing for me

11 replies
Markdoon
Markdoon @ Temporaria
Donator
Chatterbox
Automatic login failed. Reset of login failed...twice, and now I cannot login to either the launcher or into my Minecraft account.

This problem may not be occurring to anyone else. I wrote down my new password, after using https://account.mojang.com/password and each time it says that password reset was successful. Pressed LOGIN at that successful reset page and it still failed.

This seems to be illogical. Anyway, I'm not going to be at CrazyPig until this gets sorted. God bless!
Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP
Chatterbox
See if you can run the minecraft as an administrator? Right click the icon to use that command (run as administrator). Your virus protection might be interfering with the login. Hope to see you back soon.
Posted Apr 3, 18
List
Undo
Staff
Chatterbox
I assume, you somehow need to reset your password for the minecraft login. I doubt, you can login without it.
Posted Apr 3, 18
Markdoon
Markdoon @ Temporaria
Donator
Chatterbox
Thank you for the suggestion, Galaxy_Builder. I've tried that, and resetting passwords, also tried my son's suggestion to revert skin to default and relog. No success.
I've probably nixed my login ability forever with multiple resets, so...if it doesn't heal itself by tomorrow, I'm out. All help instructions lead into a never-ending bot circle of automated resets, etc. If I am not back within a few days, it was fun while it lasted.
Que Sera, Sera.
Posted Apr 4, 18 · OP
Staff
Chatterbox
Ancient
Hey Mark, I've had that happen to me in the past. It was frustrating. Have you ever logged in on a different computer? If so, I would try logging in on that other computer. Seemed to help me when I had my issue.
Posted Apr 4, 18
Chatterbox
Hi Markdoon, I am experiencing the same problem that you did a few weeks back. Can you please tell me how you resolved it? Thanks
Posted May 22, 18
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
expertcrafter43 I'm having the same issue. This is what I found on Mojang. I changed my password once and as Mark said, it says that everything is reset but once I try to log in again, it doesn't work. I think its just a matter of a waiting game.

Players can in some cases experience issues accessing their accounts, and see the error message "Login failed. Invalid username or password.". This is a temporary issue, and waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour before attempting to log in again should solve the problem.

You may also want to change your password to something you haven't previously used. If you need to reset your password, please visit our article on account passwords. Note that changing your password multiple times will not resolve the issue.

If multiple failed attempts to log in are made in a row, you might have to wait 24 hours before the account can be authenticated again. If your problem is not resolved after 24 hours, please contact customer support.
Posted May 22, 18
Informativ...
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Thanks Milly. I realised the same after going to the Mojang website. The issue resolved itself after an hour. Thanks for your help.
Posted May 22, 18
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Chatterbox
If you go to https://help.mojang.com/ they show you the state of their login servers, which as of this writing show all is good: this is not correct. I cannot log into neither Minecraft or the Mojang website. I've tried mine, my daughter's, my son's, and my test without success.
In their Twitter feed (on the same page) there is a message that they applied an authentication fix 5 hours ago.
I suspect something else is wrong and now I must go outside and face the real world...

Just keep trying...
Posted May 22, 18
Staff
Chatterbox
Looks like they still investigating the issue
Mojang Status @MojangStatus on help.mojang.com wrote:

We’re investigating reports of ongoing authentication problems - TM
9h

Which is 1h after your post...
Posted May 23, 18
Page
of 2