Forum
Page
of 13

Supply World First-hour Show & Tell

125 replies
Donator
Chatterbox
Exploration using Maps.
Here is an example of using maps to explore. The map being used has been stepped twice from the original. I did not move from my first position of viewing the first map, the next stepped map, or this map, so that you see the radius of chunks rendered.
dJ6sQGa.png
Mapping renders more terrain than I can see. Maps do top-down view rendering regardless of what is visible to the player. Extreme hills, ravines, forest are all shown. Using the mapping feature, I can 'see' 120 blocks in all horizontal directions. My render distance does not effect the mapping.
When you view my map walls, did you suppose that I went over each bit of terrain mapped? I did not. I only go around the mapping area once, and then across the center. The mapping feature renders everything that I need to see.
In Valour, since I can fly with a jetpack, mapping is extremely quick and easy. Supply world is much more demanding. Insania mapping is boss level. Good luck.
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Donator
Chatterbox
Now, after reading about using maps for exploring, see this?
EzIpQvP.jpg
It is 25 maps, reaching out 12,500 blocks. That cost me 25 redstone, 100 iron, 600 paper, and several hours of work.
Why do this? I found 8 villages (9 libraries, 4 smithies), 4 desert temples, two abandoned mines, and igloos.
I was not searching for any of those things. I was searching for a clay mesa biome. :d :d
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 15, 18
List
Undo
Staff
Chatterbox
"good things come to those that wait" ...... well as markdoon has proved time and time again "good things come to those who go out and work for it"....... Well done Mr Doon
Posted Feb 15, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Donator
Chatterbox
February 20, 2017
Here's this week's supply world snapshot. It is an amped biomes world, which means really difficult travel until you reach a big water area. (We made paths to big water areas.)
This is my claim at spawn, with free melons, free pumpkins, a stack of free stuff chests past the pumpkins, enchanting area, and world map.
There is a nether portal above spawn. In the nether there is a paved path through a fortress and to a portal at a stronghold. Nobody has found/raided the stronghold libraries yet. The end portal is open, but nobody has killed the dragon.
The world is ready to gather supplies! Enjoy!
gNd41F6.png
Posted Feb 20, 18 · OP
Helpful
List
Undo
Chatterbox
so, is it possible to take horses back from supply alive?
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 21, 18
Untagged users
I don't believe you can take any animal from Supply back to Valour.
LL
Posted Feb 21, 18
Chatterbox
oh. :(
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 21, 18
Donator
The dragon in Supply is dead.
Posted Feb 21, 18
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
The dragon can always be respawned :)
Posted Feb 21, 18
Chatterbox
but that is more easily done in valor right?
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 23, 18
Page
of 13
NoticeNotices