Login or Register
Latest Threads
Main Forum

OUR MOB GRINDERS WILL NOT BREAK WHEN THE UPDATE COMES!!!

9 replies
Chatterbox
Hey guys! I just had the bestest idea ever to save out mob grinders!

so, mojang team officially posted that they'd released the new snapshot around 9 hours ago right? well they said in This post that you could breath underwater in the new bubble columns! well all we have to do in our mob elevators is 1 get rid of all the signs, and 2 put magma blocks at the bottom so the mobs should be able to breath! idk if they will be able to swim up, but if done correctly...

just some thoughts for you guys. rura out
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
Chatterbox
ooh ooh new update! soul sand apparently works sort of like a bubble column, but it makes you go to the surface REALLY REALLY REALLY fast instead of sinking REALLY REALLY... you get it.
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
Chatterbox
oh my CREEPERS!!! TURTLE SHELLS GIVE PERMINANT WATER BREATHING WHEN WORN AS A HELMET COMBINE THIS WITH THE NEW RIPTIDE 3 ENCHANTMENT AND LOYALTY 3 AND YOU GOT IT MADE IN YOUR OCEAN MONUMENT!!!
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
Chatterbox
The most simple solution is to do what I've already been doing with my mob grinders. Make the water run out in the right spot so you don't need to stop it with signs or anything that might be affected by the update.
HjgYe2r.gif
This is fine.
Posted Feb 16, 18
Chatterbox
it's possible to do that in a water-vator?
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 16, 18 · OP
Chatterbox
Of course! Although I don't know why you would want mobs to go upwards, unless you wanted to drop them after, in which case why not just build the kill zone under the spawner?
You can use a piston to push mobs into the water and they will float to the top. The only problem with this is chickens and babies aren't tall enough to get a punch in the face from the piston but that's only for Zombies and even then they will still willingly walk into the water and push each other into it. You could even have the water source in the middle of the room and have multiple piston pushers around the sides!
7tpCmix.png
HjgYe2r.gif
This is fine.
Posted Feb 16, 18
Chatterbox
well soulsand at the bottom of a straight shaft would fix it by literally cannoning them into the ceiling. you gotta try the snapshot dude it's CRAZYPIGLY AWESOME.
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 17, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 13, 18
Staff
Chatterbox
Good news it seems. The latest snapshots changed the water physics, but flowing water still cannot enter blocks with signs and similar blocks. You can now place water sources in some blocks, and bubbles seem to stay, too. I'm sure, there will be more changes, but it seems most stuff should still work after the update.
Posted Mar 12, 18
Chatterbox
I'm pretty eager to start using bubble columns in mob grinders. Think what a downward bubble column with magma blocks at the bottom could do for a sky block grinder! Spiders wouldn't be able to climb the walls, armoured zombies would still die, (sometimes an armored zombie doesn't die of fall damage) witches would drink fire resistance potions though so we'd need some way to kill them... Why not use a loyalty trident on those dumb witches! (also there is something about the "drowned" which is kind of like a husk, and will sometimes spawn with a drop-able trident making the precious item obtainable at last?) So excited for update!
Use the force you must!
Posted Mar 13, 18 · OP
Online on Site
Untagged users
For those mobs wil not die, presumably witches or armed mobs with fire protection on armour, you could always use a simple crusher contraption. However that does use a tiny bit of redstone so would depend if you have access to those things or would be happy with the mobs to just despawn.
Posted Mar 13, 18
NoticeNotices