Page
of 3

CrazyPig Server Update

28 replies
Online on Site
Staff
Donator
Eldritch
We're literally working out the kinks as we speak. Not sure how long that will take, but hopefully it shouldn't be too long. It's better to take a bit of time to make sure it's working properly rather than have everyone join a glitchy and unplayable server, right? lol! Remember, we all have to eat, sleep, work, and take care of family stuff, too, so please be patient :)
Posted Mar 24, 18
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
It’s currently 3:30am for me and I’m waking mid sleep to read this. Please appreciate that the time zones are different for some of us. We can only do so much, We are not robots. Setting up even a temp server is harder than it seems to make it usable for the type of environment to make it still safe, yet playable for the amount of users we have. If we were to open it up at a time suitable for you, like 5 hrs ago....I would then be asleep. This means, that if something was to go wrong, who fixes issues that might happen in this case? We don’t do things for no reason, including dragging our heels when we know that we have so many people relying on a result. So in answer to the question- The temp server will be up , when and if we can rest another couple of hours before getting back to work on it. It is almost ready.

Thanks for your patience everyone, we understand it’s frustrating. We are trying our best.
Posted Mar 24, 18 · OP
Agree
Helpful
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Don't worry Milly and Tech, take your time. I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts :)
Posted Mar 24, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
New Update-

The temp server will be up within the next hour. We'll be sharing the IP soon. There's lots of new stuff that we have introduced to have some fun with while we pass the time. It won't be 100% perfect, but at least we have something :)

TM
Posted Mar 24, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Thanks tons Milly and Tech for all your hard work and for the great idea of a temp server to pass time :)
Posted Mar 24, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Online on Site
Staff
Donator
Eldritch
you guys are gonna LOVE the temp server, it's got some cool stuff :) can't wait for you guys to play!!
Posted Mar 24, 18
Chatterbox
:d
Posted Mar 24, 18
Untagged users
Thank you to everyone that is working on fixing the server and setting up the temp one. One thing I like about CP is the truely world-wideness of it. It helps us all realize there is life outside our own regional bubble.
Are extra donations needed to cover the expenses of the hardware repair and temp server?

Looking forward to play on the temp server while we wait!

--MooshroomSlayer_ (borrowing hogarth's account)
Posted Mar 24, 18
List
Undo
Untagged users
First off massive thankyou to everyone involved in getting new world setup for us to play on for now. This however leads to my question, I don't understand why this was needed? So we have a server hosting our world. If it was a software issue then, why is the backup not just moved and installed onto a new drive? If it was hardware again why is the backup not moved and installed onto a new server. You have gone above and beyone setting up a new temp server with a whole new world, plugins, chat system and grief protection. Would it not of been easier to just set the backup on the new server until the issue is fixed or resolved and then move it back? Again thankyou for all you have done and I dont mean this to sound nasty in any way just a question as to why it was done this way. Guess this little piggy is just missing Valour and all the fun we have online. As a side note do we have an ETA as to when it will be back online or any more info into why this has happened please?
Posted Mar 25, 18
Untagged users
An ETA on the server restore would be really good. Even rough estimates, as it sounds like we still don't know what the root cause was?

Happy to offer support if that will speed things up? (Including $$)

Also echo everyone's gratitude. I'm sure you guys are working really hard behind the scenes to get Valour back on it's feet :)
Posted Mar 25, 18
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices