Login or Register
Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 2

Most of our tame mobs (including villagers) suddenly disappeared in Factions

19 replies
Chatterbox
So I logged on this AM and discovered all our villagers and livestock were gone.

We had:

About 40 or so villagers
At least 1 golem - maybe 2
About 10 each cows and sheep

All these are just gone.

Strangely our chickens are still there.

We had painstakingly spread these around many chunks to avoid lag, and indeed, there wasn't any lag. We had stopped breeding them a few weeks ago - their populations were stable and not growing.

Anyone have any idea how this could have happened?

About 30 of those villagers were librarians trading OP enchanted books. This represents months of careful work down the tubes.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP
Online on Site
Chatterbox
Perhaps you've been attacked with bows and arrows?
I've certainly done something like that, but I *personally* don't tangle with iron Golems.
wrote:
apffffmaaaahooooo?????
Posted Feb 10, 18
Chatterbox
I guess we got raided. C'est la vie.
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP
Untagged users
I can't imagine who would derive fun from doing something like that, but that's Factions, I guess? I would feel super bad doing something like that, destroying what other people have worked hard on while not even gaining anything in the process.

Anyhoo, I guess we'll have to put our villagers behind iron doors then if we ever get some again?
Posted Feb 10, 18
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Yes, that is factions, people get raided, it happens. I don't know what happened to your mobs, and what happened is unfortunate but it's part of the game. I don't think that there's a reason to try and guilt whoever did it at this point, it's just not necessary, and quite frankly Mick your comment comes off as self-righteous. It could have been anyone, could have been someone with a personal vendetta against your faction, could have been a random kid who just wandered into your base. We don't know the reason so there's no need for such passive aggression about it.
Posted Feb 10, 18
Chatterbox
We were helped today by GamePar and Lethal, especially Lethal, who helped us round up some new villagers. So hats off to you guys.
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
Playing in a PvP world where raiding is allowed, you cant expect that you never get found, raided or killed, this is a Factions world. FYI, this wasnt a server issue, i investigated the area and could see that someone has raided this place.
Posted Feb 10, 18
Untagged users
Thanks for your cofirmation, Tetech. At least now we know where we stand. I had gathered from the tutorial that there needed to be a declaration of war. But I guess that is to allow block breaking, then?

A big thank you to GamePar and LethalCalm for their efforts, much appreciated!
Posted Feb 11, 18
Chatterbox
I would do something like killing a bunch of cows, but villagers are hard to get, so they may actually be taken and in a nearby base. just a thought.
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 11, 18
Chatterbox
wrote:
Playing in a PvP world where raiding is allowed, you cant expect that you never get found, raided or killed, this is a Factions world. FYI, this wasnt a server issue, i investigated the area and could see that someone has raided this place.

Thanks for checking into that. Staff was very helpful re: this issue. I thought our base was well-defended but it seems I underestimated the ingenuity of ten-year olds. (Sheepish face).
Posted Feb 11, 18 · OP
Funny
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices