Login or Register
Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 3

Net Neutrality

27 replies
Chatterbox
As Net Neutrality is very close to being repealed, it worries me about our builds. Some people just log in from time to time to keep their hard work on the server, but with NN gone, we will probably need to buy overpriced bundles to play Online. Which worries me because people who can't afford the bundles will lose all of their progress. I was wondering, when it gets repealed, the admins of the server would turn off the 3-month-auto-cleanup thing. Because a lot of people do not want to lose their progress, or their giant cities just because they can't afford the bundles from companies like Comcast, Spectrum, and Verizon, just to name a few.
5204758_orig.gif
Hi! I'm Omochao! I'm here to help you!
Posted Dec 11, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 11, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Has me worried too, I hope they don't vote it through! :confused:
Posted Dec 11, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Staff
Chatterbox
I take it this is a USA thing?
Posted Dec 13, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Chatterbox
(idk how posting photos here works lol)

but here is an example of life without net neutrality for those who r unsure of what it is

i believe it's only in the US? i'm not totally positive though.
Attached Images
Posted Dec 13, 17
Chatterbox
um this is the first I've heard about it. where can I learn more? (this is really disturbing)
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 13, 17
Chatterbox
(Just did a bunch of research) I say that whatever internet service stays with everything available when this happens, will dominate. people will move to that one and the one company that doesn't overprice the internet service will make billions while others die, or change. this could take quite some time, but competitive marketing will keep it from being too bad.
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 13, 17
Chatterbox
it also looks like many companies will ignore minecraft and go for the bigger things. (eg. of bigger things: twitter, discord, email sites, and other such things.) for them to block minecraft, (a bit smaller than gmail don't you think) they would at least price MC service cheaper than most.
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 13, 17
Untagged users
It worry’s me very very much as well, not just because of mine craft possibly ending up needing to make people pay bundles but also because it may mean I and everyone else will lose touch with their internet friends which I personally don’t know what I will do without them, I really hope the appeal doesn’t pass!!
Posted Dec 13, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Untagged users
Yeah, it is but it may and most likely will effect us in the uk and other places a bit too 😞
Posted Dec 13, 17
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices