Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 2

Requesting a conclusive statement on certain rules in Factions

10 replies
Chatterbox
Hi,
I'm asking for "official" clarification from TeMillyTechPanda.

Please say yay or nay on my assumptions.

I understand that chunks are 16x16 in Factions.

Mob limit is 16 to a chunk. Unlike Valour, the mob cap extends from bedrock to sky, so you can't "stack" mobs.

Unlike Valour, there is no Mob Plague in Factions. If there are too many mobs we just lag out.

I do not understand whether there is a requirement in Factions to have "buffer space" between chunks of 16 mobs. For example, in Valour, I have my villagers spread out so that I have about 16-17 (anyway never more than 20) in one chunk, which is then surrounded by chunks in every direction with no non-hostile mobs. So there's always a 20x20 buffer between villager chunks in Valour to prevent mob plague. Does this "buffer" requirement (it would be 16x16) also exist in Factions, or can we have two adjacent chunks with up to 16 mobs? There seems to be wide difference of opinion on this point.

Please rest assured that I don't intend to cause lag - I just want to know what lies within the realm of the possible.

Thanks,

rd
Posted Dec 11, 17 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Chatterbox
:idea: I'm not sure if this is very important, because most of us don't have mobs in the first place. this may change tho.
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 15, 17
Chatterbox
I think it's important, my group is planning on gathering some mobs so i would like to know as well :)
Posted Dec 15, 17
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Is breeding simply turned off right now?
Posted Dec 18, 17 · OP
Chatterbox
it would make sense.
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 18, 17
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
Breeding is not turned off. As you were told ingame by a staff member.
Posted Dec 19, 17 · Last edited Dec 19, 17
Chatterbox
Yes, thanks. I posted the question here before I asked her.
Posted Dec 19, 17 · OP
Chatterbox
But I still don't understand what the rule is in Factions. At this point I have killed almost all of my sheep, cattle and chickens to reduce the number of mobs. There are only 6 left. There are 6 breeder villagers in a farm with a farmer, with enough "valid doors" to start a small army. The babies were moved over 2 chunks away. Yet the breeders, who were all breeding fine at first, just won't breed. I just don't geddit.
Posted Dec 19, 17 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Eldritch
Is there a reason you need to push any chunk to it's limit ? What do you need so many villagers for ?
Posted Dec 19, 17
Chatterbox
it's a way to quickly get villagers that will trade frost walker, mending, ect. rare villager books.
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 19, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices