Login or Register
Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 2

Supply, filters, jail, and item loss

10 replies
Donator
I understand the reason for the filters, and I think they are a good thing. However, it's really disheartening to have collected up a bunch of stuff for use in Supply, be wearing you good armor and tools, and be forced to leave it all in Valour because the filters jailed you on a false positive.

Is is possible to at least allow us to go back to Supply from jail, and keep all of our stuff, rather than be forced to leave it in Valour? I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, and I presume it's happened a lot to others as well.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Posted Nov 23, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Its not possible to get into supply with your inventory, that doesnt work, sorry for that. Might have to keep an eye on your writing in the future.
Posted Nov 23, 17
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Also, when the filter gives you a warning that you may have said something that has triggered the filter, make sure not to repeat what you said a second time. If you are unsure of what you might have said, don't type it into chat again, write it out on a piece of paper or somewhere else to get a clearer understanding. If that still doesn't make sense, put your stuff in a safe place (in Supply) and message a Staff member for assistance.
Posted Nov 23, 17 · Last edited Nov 23, 17
List
Undo
Donator
Well, if I had gotten a warning that would have been something. In this case I didn't. I pressed return and BAM, I was jailed. I couldn't even remember exactly what I wrote, and it was not intentionally inappropriate, but I'm over it, until the next time. ;)
Posted Nov 23, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Tetech, Have you considered creating an tag for Items acquired in any certain week of supply? Like when you exit supply, it reads your inventory, and gives you the appropriate items with a certain week tag. And a player is able to take the items from that week back into supply.

Sorry for the uneducated language, I only cleared the above through my brother and the internet.
wrote:
apffffmaaaahooooo?????
Posted Nov 24, 17
List
Undo
Untagged users
I personally think TheRubyFalcon's has a good idea and that would really be an amazing feature to have for supply, even tho I doubt that would be possible but anyways it was a good idea.
Posted Nov 24, 17
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
Tetech, Have you considered creating an tag for Items acquired in any certain week of supply? Like when you exit supply, it reads your inventory, and gives you the appropriate items with a certain week tag. And a player is able to take the items from that week back into supply.

Sorry for the uneducated language, I only cleared the above through my brother and the internet.

If everything would be "just so easy" we wouldnt have any problems. Its not possible.
Posted Nov 24, 17
List
Undo
Untagged users
If it helps anyone, even I have experienced similar situations involving loss of very good stuff. People often think that staff can get things with just a command - nothing is further from the truth! We experience the same "losses" as regular players sometimes. There's nothing more frustrating and irritating than losing items that you've worked hard to get, like a diamond pickaxe with Fortune 3, Eff 5, Unbreaking 3, and Mending. The only thing that helps ME keep a clear head when that happens is this: they're only pixels, they don't exist in real life anyway. There are far worse things in real life that can or do happen that you can never back get again. While the filter can be and often is an annoyance at times, I always remember that it's the core foundation of what makes CrazyPig the awesome server that it is and what makes it a great place to play for everyone so while it's still a big pain sometimes, it's for the greater good .....I can live with that.
Hope this helps in any small way :)
Hey Yinz Guys!
Posted Nov 26, 17
Chatterbox
Do staff sometimes get false jailed too, and have to get OTHER staff to let them out? that would be ironic of the highest order!
Use the force you must!
Posted Dec 15, 17
Staff
Chatterbox
yes staff can be jailed u myself got a ban the other day and needed staff help
so we are all the same when if comes to the filter
Posted Dec 15, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices