Login or Register
Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 2

Any teen dystopian book recommendations?

18 replies
Untagged users
I love teen dystopian novels. Does anyone have any ideas? I like Hunger Games, The Testing, Divergent, The Mortal Instruments, and many more. I personally don't care if it has swearing and romantic scenes, just please appropriate titles because its CP ofc :d
Comp-1_3e6987.gif
Posted Aug 22, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Chatterbox
legend by marie lu

you might like it, its 3 books, (im still on book 2 and havent finished whoops) but its actually pretty good. you can always read a sample if you want, i dont remember much of the summary but im sure if u research it you'll find something lol
Posted Aug 22, 17
List
Undo
Online on Site
Staff
Chatterbox
The Giver, City of Ember, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Rot & Ruin, Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies

The last two are more sophisticated and have a lot of connections that mirror actual events in history. The first three are pretty easy reads, and are good for younger teens.
Posted Aug 22, 17
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Carve the Mark is by Veronica Roth so you may like it. The Finisher is really good also. =)
Have you ever tried to open a door while walking into the room at the same time and epically failed and just walked straight into the door because the doorknob didn't open? Yeah, me too.
Posted Aug 22, 17
List
Undo
Untagged users
The Maze Runner maybe? those are good
Posted Aug 22, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Untagged users
Thanks guys! I can read all books, however hard, I just like teen dystopian. Dont worry if it is kinda over teen level :)
Comp-1_3e6987.gif
Posted Aug 23, 17 · OP
Chatterbox
I read the City of Ember and the Giver both in the fourth grade 😂 😂 LethalCalm
Have you ever tried to open a door while walking into the room at the same time and epically failed and just walked straight into the door because the doorknob didn't open? Yeah, me too.
Posted Aug 23, 17
List
Undo
Chatterbox
not to say they arent good- i loved them both
Posted Aug 23, 17
List
Undo
Untagged users
why did you summon lethal?
Comp-1_3e6987.gif
Posted Aug 23, 17 · OP
Online on Site
Staff
Chatterbox
Firstly, it is difficult to recommend a book without knowing the age and ability of the reader. That is why I suggested a range.

If you want adult level books I recommend Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, or if you don't scare easily, try The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

I enjoyed The Stand by Stephen King as well as Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. The latter is more challenging.

I have taught a lot of books to students who read at a variety of levels. I was just trying to help. I am sorry if some of the books I suggested were so beneath some of your reading abilities. My sincerest apologies. :roll:
Posted Aug 23, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices