Login or Register
Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 2

Tips for Making Money?

19 replies
Chatterbox
It'd make sense that a Willionaire would know all about stocks ;) How exactly does one invest in stocks? Welp...

lol :p its complicated, buying stocks, not like getting a bag of chips from Was-Mart where you just walk up to a desk and put your money on a table.

You can go and go to your local big bank and sign up for a trading account, but there are online stock thingies like Wells-Fargo and such that cost less, but charge a commission fee every time you buy/sell a stock. And thats just buying the stock, you have to know what to invest, how much to invest, etc. Staying up to date with the news is always good, also having a lot of spare time is essential also. Stock investing isn't for some people, they just don't have the knack for it, and thats okay, I could use less competition xD I must be confusing you right now, and thats because stocks are confusing, and since I don't want to type up a 25 page essay, Ive done my best to sum it up 😂 There are some articles and people you can research to find out more,

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! This is a very bad idea! Very bad indeed! Buying stocks isn't something you do over the weekend... it's something that can take YEARS to get a investment out of! My father is a stock broker and he would NEVER recommend just starting it without getting a good broker... which can cost TONS of money, you would most likely just end up LOSING money rather then earning it... if you want I can get my father to talk about it... but like, don't go off the advice of everyone you meet on the internet, you going to get into a big predicament and probably end up losing more money then you earned!

Trading stocks is like gambling in a way... there's no way to predict the market... to be honest, investing in stocks right now might not be the best investment either... may I recomend Bitcoin? its a currency which you can earn by having your computer do complex mathematical equations to verify people's bitcoin purchases, you would need to get a good Bitcoin miner, so look into how much money in US dollars you would earn per month, but also keep in mind that you would need to buy a new Bitcoin miner every few years, because to keep the market from flooding with Bitcoin, Bitcoin makes it so the equations the computer needs to do to make Bitcoin becomes harder constantly. Also, you should keep in mind that Bitcoin miners can take up HUGEEEEEEEE amounts of energy, so it might not be right for you, unless your living with your parents and they agree to this.

If you still want to go with stocks however, there is some things you need to know. For one, what are stocks anyways? Well, imagine that a company is a big slice of pizza, and there selling all the slices individually in small pieces, but everyone else wants that piece, so you sell
some of the pieces when they offer to give you more money than you bought it for, and don't give them the piece when they want to give you less money than you bought it for.

That's pretty much all I have to say, but just ask if you have any questions ;).

"Bad idea"

*suggests bitcoin*

HAH

But seriously, bitcoin is shady and unreliable, ill talk more about it later, need to do something right now
Seems to me like you have some sort of agenda against bitcoin, because if we look at Bitcoin's current value, its at an all time high as of this date, and I see no evidence that Bitcoin is either "Shady" or "Unreliable" and I think your missing how Bitcoin works. The whole point of Bitcoin mining is to verify purchases with Bitcoin so they can make sure its not a scam. If Bitcoin was "Unreliable" I assure you that NO ONE would use it. And to be frank, it just seems to me that you seem to have some sort of agenda against it? Like, why? Did you just read some random article online saying "OGM BITCOIN BE BUYING INVEST IN ETHERIUM NOAW!!!!!!" because, if this is about the whole Etherium craze, I wouldn't invest. I would honestly wait more time to see if this is going to be at least semi-reliable or if its price will just fall down slowly, but surely. Investing isn't about the newest craze. If "Fidget spinners" had stocks (Which i'm sure exists in some way or form) I wouldn't invest in it. Because, as were seeing right now, the popularity of "Fidget spinners" is slowing going down. As I have said, investing isn't about trends, or phases, its about trying to predict the future to see what stocks will go up, or down.

Please, PLEASE, do more research before calling out a product, stocks, Bitcoin, or anything else. Even I cant predict what will happen in the future, but I truly don't see Bitcoin's value going down anytime soon.
Posted Jul 5, 17
Chatterbox
It'd make sense that a Willionaire would know all about stocks ;) How exactly does one invest in stocks? Welp...

lol :p its complicated, buying stocks, not like getting a bag of chips from Was-Mart where you just walk up to a desk and put your money on a table.

You can go and go to your local big bank and sign up for a trading account, but there are online stock thingies like Wells-Fargo and such that cost less, but charge a commission fee every time you buy/sell a stock. And thats just buying the stock, you have to know what to invest, how much to invest, etc. Staying up to date with the news is always good, also having a lot of spare time is essential also. Stock investing isn't for some people, they just don't have the knack for it, and thats okay, I could use less competition xD I must be confusing you right now, and thats because stocks are confusing, and since I don't want to type up a 25 page essay, Ive done my best to sum it up 😂 There are some articles and people you can research to find out more,

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! This is a very bad idea! Very bad indeed! Buying stocks isn't something you do over the weekend... it's something that can take YEARS to get a investment out of! My father is a stock broker and he would NEVER recommend just starting it without getting a good broker... which can cost TONS of money, you would most likely just end up LOSING money rather then earning it... if you want I can get my father to talk about it... but like, don't go off the advice of everyone you meet on the internet, you going to get into a big predicament and probably end up losing more money then you earned!

Trading stocks is like gambling in a way... there's no way to predict the market... to be honest, investing in stocks right now might not be the best investment either... may I recomend Bitcoin? its a currency which you can earn by having your computer do complex mathematical equations to verify people's bitcoin purchases, you would need to get a good Bitcoin miner, so look into how much money in US dollars you would earn per month, but also keep in mind that you would need to buy a new Bitcoin miner every few years, because to keep the market from flooding with Bitcoin, Bitcoin makes it so the equations the computer needs to do to make Bitcoin becomes harder constantly. Also, you should keep in mind that Bitcoin miners can take up HUGEEEEEEEE amounts of energy, so it might not be right for you, unless your living with your parents and they agree to this.

If you still want to go with stocks however, there is some things you need to know. For one, what are stocks anyways? Well, imagine that a company is a big slice of pizza, and there selling all the slices individually in small pieces, but everyone else wants that piece, so you sell
some of the pieces when they offer to give you more money than you bought it for, and don't give them the piece when they want to give you less money than you bought it for.

That's pretty much all I have to say, but just ask if you have any questions ;).

"Bad idea"

*suggests bitcoin*

HAH

But seriously, bitcoin is shady and unreliable, ill talk more about it later, need to do something right now
Seems to me like you have some sort of agenda against bitcoin, because if we look at [url=https://www.google.com/search?

q=bitcoin+value&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS750US750&oq=bitcoin+value&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1744j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8]Bitcoin's current value, its at an all time high as of this date,[/url] and I see no evidence that Bitcoin is either "Shady" or "Unreliable" and I think your missing how Bitcoin works. The whole point of Bitcoin mining is to verify purchases with Bitcoin so they can make sure its not a scam. If Bitcoin was "Unreliable" I assure you that NO ONE would use it. And to be frank, it just seems to me that you seem to have some sort of agenda against it? Like, why? Did you just read some random article online saying "OGM BITCOIN BE BUYING INVEST IN ETHERIUM NOAW!!!!!!" because, if this is about the whole Etherium craze, I wouldn't invest. I would honestly wait more time to see if this is going to be at least semi-reliable or if its price will just fall down slowly, but surely. Investing isn't about the newest craze. If "Fidget spinners" had stocks (Which i'm sure exists in some way or form) I wouldn't invest in it. Because, as were seeing right now, the popularity of "Fidget spinners" is slowing going down. As I have said, investing isn't about trends, or phases, its about trying to predict the future to see what stocks will go up, or down.

Please, PLEASE, do more research before calling out a product, stocks, Bitcoin, or anything else. Even I cant predict what will happen in the future, but I truly don't see Bitcoin's value going down anytime soon.

Okay, now that I'm on my computer, I can type an actual response:

Stocks and Bitcoin both are similar in the fact that their values can and will vary from time to time, by more or less or up and down is the question. However, bitcoin is not as secure or anonymous as it seems. If you read this article -> http://fortune.com/2016/08/03/bitcoin-stolen-bitfinex-hack-hong-kong/ it shows that bitcoin can be very volatile and easy for people to steal. Also, bitcoin is triggering unsustainable "cyber arms race" so to speak, as the only way to stay profitable and competitive is to keep making and programming bigger, more complex, more time/money consuming miners. Eventually, this will go bust, and who knows what will happen? About the shady thing, did you hear about the FBI shutting down a site called "Silk Road", where illicit goods/services were sold? What do you think happened to those people and their bitcoin investments? I'm not saying you're gonna go and buy some messed up stuff off the internet, but who knows what one day, the government will decide they don't like?

About doing "research".

What makes you think that I don't research my topics? It's not like I have any personal grudges against bitcoin, in fact my cousin has his own huge bitcoin mining operation, and me and him get along very well ( Although we've had this argument many times before). I myself have, with the help of my father, made quite a bit of money in the stock market, how much I will not disclose, but let's just say it went from several hundred dollars initial investment to around 10,000 current work.

Often, the stock market is about getting in, getting as much out of something as you can, then getting out. Sure, you can put in some money to a reliable thing and watch it pile up over time, but the majority value is in the strategic rushing and running, which is not something everyone is suited to, nor is it something everyone enjoys. I for one embrace this, and I will continue to do so
Comp-1_4.gif
Posted Jul 5, 17
Chatterbox
TheRubyFalcon sorry for getting off track here, if you want to play it safe, just get a part-time job or do favors for neighbors, ;)
Comp-1_4.gif
Posted Jul 5, 17
Untagged users
Not trying to shoot your idea down Fen, but being a pro, semi - pro, or even part-time YouTuber is just as much a gamble as dealing in stocks. In order to get a sponsorship, you have to make certain commitments and fulfill them. When you start taking YouTube from being a hobby, like me, to a career, it's a whole different ball game. It often takes years to come close to reaching those statuses, granted that you have something worthy to present. If you're going to to pursue that angle, one word of advice : avoid day 1 survival vids. Why?? Because everyone and their creeper has done one, we've all seen ten billion of them, and they often get passed over in the first few minutes as soon as you say "let's start punching a tree!" I just did a day one vid to start my modded series, and I hated myself for it so what I did was NOT talk about it!! Instead I focused on the mods, what they did, what would be coming up - all while doing the "boring basics." Oh yeah, and HAVE A PLAN!!! Don't just hit record and hope something will happen.
You're better off mowing lawns, or advertising for other odd jobs as long as you're capable of living up to your advert. Be sure you word EXACTLY what you can and can't do - that can land you in just as much trouble. In these days of getting sued just for sneezing wrong as long as you cover your end by being clear and precise, you'll be ok.
Hey Yinz Guys!
Posted Jul 5, 17
List
Undo
Chatterbox
TheRubyFalcon sorry for getting off track here, if you want to play it safe, just get a part-time job or do favors for neighbors,
No problem. It was kinda entertaining.
wrote:
apffffmaaaahooooo?????
Posted Jul 5, 17 · OP
Chatterbox

"Bad idea"

*suggests bitcoin*

HAH

Seems to me like you have some sort of agenda against bitcoin, because if we look at [url=https://www.google.com/search?

q=bitcoin+value&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS750US750&oq=bitcoin+value&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1744j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8]Bitcoin's current value, its at an all time high as of this date,[/url] and I see no evidence that Bitcoin is either "Shady" or "Unreliable" and I think your missing how Bitcoin works. The whole point of Bitcoin mining is to verify purchases with Bitcoin so they can make sure its not a scam. If Bitcoin was "Unreliable" I assure you that NO ONE would use it. And to be frank, it just seems to me that you seem to have some sort of agenda against it? Like, why? Did you just read some random article online saying "OGM BITCOIN BE BUYING INVEST IN ETHERIUM NOAW!!!!!!" because, if this is about the whole Etherium craze, I wouldn't invest. I would honestly wait more time to see if this is going to be at least semi-reliable or if its price will just fall down slowly, but surely. Investing isn't about the newest craze. If "Fidget spinners" had stocks (Which i'm sure exists in some way or form) I wouldn't invest in it. Because, as were seeing right now, the popularity of "Fidget spinners" is slowing going down. As I have said, investing isn't about trends, or phases, its about trying to predict the future to see what stocks will go up, or down.

Okay, now that I'm on my computer, I can type an actual response:

Stocks and Bitcoin both are similar in the fact that their values can and will vary from time to time, by more or less or up and down is the question. However, bitcoin is not as secure or anonymous as it seems. If you read this article -> http://fortune.com/2016/08/03/bitcoin-stolen-bitfinex-hack-hong-kong/ it shows that bitcoin can be very volatile and easy for people to steal. Also, bitcoin is triggering unsustainable "cyber arms race" so to speak, as the only way to stay profitable and competitive is to keep making and programming bigger, more complex, more time/money consuming miners. Eventually, this will go bust, and who knows what will happen? About the shady thing, did you hear about the FBI shutting down a site called "Silk Road", where illicit goods/services were sold? What do you think happened to those people and their bitcoin investments? I'm not saying you're gonna go and buy some messed up stuff off the internet, but who knows what one day, the government will decide they don't like?

About doing "research".

What makes you think that I don't research my topics? It's not like I have any personal grudges against bitcoin, in fact my cousin has his own huge bitcoin mining operation, and me and him get along very well ( Although we've had this argument many times before). I myself have, with the help of my father, made quite a bit of money in the stock market, how much I will not disclose, but let's just say it went from several hundred dollars initial investment to around 10,000 current work.

Often, the stock market is about getting in, getting as much out of something as you can, then getting out. Sure, you can put in some money to a reliable thing and watch it pile up over time, but the majority value is in the strategic rushing and running, which is not something everyone is suited to, nor is it something everyone enjoys. I for one embrace this, and I will continue to do so

The FBI shutting down the silk road has nothing to do with those people and their Bitcoin. The silk road was NOT a Bitcoind wallet, it was, as you said, a place to buy and sell some illegal stuff. (What stuff they sold I wont discuss here.) Those people most likely still have that bitcoin (Which was most likely illegally obtained :o!) and will, in all likeliness, go on their merry way, and probably not get caught *Cough* Tor *Cough*.

As for the conversation about stocks, good for you! But, keep in mind that that's only one of MANY possible strategies, and for me, while I don't personally dabble into the stock market, if I were to, I would personally play it safe, but if that strategy works for you, than good!

wrote:
Not trying to shoot your idea down Fen, but being a pro, semi - pro, or even part-time YouTuber is just as much a gamble as dealing in stocks. In order to get a sponsorship, you have to make certain commitments and fulfill them. When you start taking YouTube from being a hobby, like me, to a career, it's a whole different ball game. It often takes years to come close to reaching those statuses, granted that you have something worthy to present. If you're going to to pursue that angle, one word of advice : avoid day 1 survival vids. Why?? Because everyone and their creeper has done one, we've all seen ten billion of them, and they often get passed over in the first few minutes as soon as you say "let's start punching a tree!" I just did a day one vid to start my modded series, and I hated myself for it so what I did was NOT talk about it!! Instead I focused on the mods, what they did, what would be coming up - all while doing the "boring basics." Oh yeah, and HAVE A PLAN!!! Don't just hit record and hope something will happen.
You're better off mowing lawns, or advertising for other odd jobs as long as you're capable of living up to your advert. Be sure you word EXACTLY what you can and can't do - that can land you in just as much trouble. In these days of getting sued just for sneezing wrong as long as you cover your end by being clear and precise, you'll be ok.

Good advice Rocker. But I would like to also say that its VERY doubtful (WHY am I CAPITALISING letters SO much IN this THREAD?) that companies would even WANT to sponsor smaller youtubers, because they cant trust them to treat there products in a certain way, or something, not sure though.
Posted Jul 5, 17
Chatterbox
Yes

That is why I stated that you should show your talents. Once you grow, you can have more companies sponsor you
fennekin_animated_by_diegotoon20-d8ylc7y.gif
Posted Jul 5, 17
Chatterbox
wrote:
Yes

That is why I stated that you should show your talents. Once you grow, you can have more companies sponsor you

Trying to add on what rocker said here, it doesn't matter how good your videos are, if you don't get enough views, subs, and likes, companies will not want to invest in you. Companies want the most exposure of their product/service of their money, so they have to make this choice: Give money to a smaller youtube and get a small amount of exposure, or give the same or slightly more money to a larger youtuber and get a way bigger amount of exposure? The choice is obvious, so almost all the time, companies will give $$ to the bigger fish.

That is the hardest thing for a youtuber, getting their channel off the ground initially. Youtube is like Bitcoin and Wall Street in the sense that you must be able to wait patiently, and put in long term investment. However, unlike the stock market, you can't just sell your subs to someone and instantly get money. If you want to just get in, get subs and get out, people and companies will start to catch on, and it won't work forever.

If you are looking for steady work and pay, the best way to do it is through a part-time job and doing stuff for neighbors, as I will reiterate again.

HOWEVER, if you STILL decide you want to go into youtube, DO NOT just go for the latest trends, this IS NOT the stock market, and you CANNOT just sell your subs to re/gain profit. For one, thats what EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING. Also, trends die way too fast to make decent money out of it, except for the stock market. Adding onto that, if you want to do let's plays, DON'T. Pretty much, let's plays are a closed market, where its just a few big youtubers competing for dominance. I see animation, comedy skits, and science/math/sociology channels ( minutephysics, HEY VSAUCE MICHEAL HERE, Veratasium, PBS Space Time, CGP Grey, Real Engineering, RealLifeLore, InANutShell, Wendover Productions) taking off, and probably going to stay for a long time, seeing as they are in short supply compared to the ENDLESS and i say ENDLESS amount of Minecraft let's play channels that die within 2 weeks
Comp-1_4.gif
Posted Jul 6, 17
Informativ...
List
Undo
Chatterbox
I just see what I like, and try it on YouTube and see how it goes. If it gets popular, I'll do more. If it doesn't, try something else. That's the thing with YouTube, see what you can do that you and the viewer both enjoy
fennekin_animated_by_diegotoon20-d8ylc7y.gif
Posted Jul 6, 17
Chatterbox

If you still want to go with stocks however, there is some things you need to know. For one, what are stocks anyways? Well, imagine that a company is a big slice of pizza, and there selling all the slices individually in small pieces, but everyone else wants that piece, so you sell some of the pieces when they offer to give you more money than you bought it for, and don't give them the piece when they want to give you less money than you bought it for.

umm hwyh stocks aren't really like that. well yes they are but you left a lot out. okay here is how a stock goes. a company (let's just call this company "broomsgalorestore" needs to raise money to do something. they decide to sell 1% (depending on company size this can be more or less than 1%) of their company value. (that's the very simple definition of a stock.) Bob decides to buy this stock for it's value. currently the value of the company is $50000 so Bob's stock is worth $500. now after Bob buys this stock, the company can use the money from selling it to make a new kind of broom. here's where Bob either makes or loses money. If the company gets ritcher over the next 20 years so the company value goes from $50000 to $200000 then Bob's stock is now worth $2000. Bob may sell this stock to another person and make $1500 simply because he kept his stock while the company grew. BUT if the company LOSES money while Bob has the stock say the company value goes from $50000 to $10000 the Bob's stock will only be worth $100. don't lost hope for Bob, because he does not have to sell his stock unless he wants to. if say the company manages to pull out of their dive and the value starts increasing, Bob may still yet make money on his stock. If broomstoregalore goes completely out of buisiness, then bob just lost $100. note that all this took 2-50 years to happen, so stock investment is not a good way to make quick money. If you know a lot about the company that you are buying stock from, then you have a better idea of whether you will make a profit or a loss on stock from that company.
Use the force you must!
Posted Feb 7, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices