Login or Register
Latest Threads
Forum
Page
of 8

Important News The Future of CrazyPig!

79 replies
Chatterbox
I'm up for exploring, I'll be exploring right now, away with the chunk lag!
Posted Feb 27, 17 · Last edited Feb 27, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Donator
Chatterbox
I'm in if we're just adventuring to load chunks or something. I wouldn't mind exploring some myself! So, I guess count me in too.

However I don't have a jetpack so..like Valtam said, a loan would be useful. :p

Okay, you two, I have made two spare jetpacks, as your loaners. Get with me, in-game. :)
You have done as well as you could. That is all there is to being great. GG.
Posted Feb 27, 17
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Currently having connection issues but trying to sign back in, If the jetpack happens to break (as i've heard that can happen apparently) i'll offer to buy a new one of course lol.
I'll try to explore about 5k-10k blocks once I get the chance to sign back in!

Posted Feb 27, 17
List
Undo
Untagged users
so we basically get a new main? Awesome! :d
rayquaza.gif
Posted Feb 27, 17
List
Undo
Chatterbox
Awesome!! Im excited for a fresh start, one question... will they be up for download? Like main? Because i did build a lot of stuff in cambria :p
Posted Feb 27, 17
List
Undo
Admins
Staff
Donator
Chatterbox
Ancient
wrote:
World downloads for Atlantica and Cambria will be available in the near future.
Posted Feb 27, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Untagged users
Markdoon, I've cobbled together a jetpack, thanks, are we going to co-ordinate sectors? I think you were down south west way weren't you? Should I just head to a corner and start zig zagging back?
Posted Feb 28, 17
Chatterbox
So far, I've traveled about 8k blocks from spawn before I ran out of coal lol. I now have gotten some charcoal from a friend, but had to log off for dinner and couldn't come back.
I'll travel some more later and then I'll give you the jetpack back Mark :p
Posted Mar 1, 17
Donator
Chatterbox
Thank you for getting your stuff to fly!

You are correct: We should coordinate direction/area rendering. Otherwise each of us will waste time going over areas already rendered.

Shall we choose quarters? Two of us have paralleled to the eastern world boundary, from spawn and from 320 meters north of spawn, going eastwards. You can take the northeastern quarter of the world, north of the north-south zero line? I will do the southeastern quarter. Violetcloudbear has her choice of other quarters or to partner up with either of us.

A player asked me to torch-mark my path. If they provide the torches, then maybe. That would be a whole bunch of torches.
You have done as well as you could. That is all there is to being great. GG.
Posted Mar 1, 17
wrote:
So, how big is this world? 14 million chunks? Maybe half of a million chunks have now been seen/loaded? 28 more weeks of this torment, at this rate?
Not on my dime.
We have just two choices: Either explore the world en masse, to conquer the lag triggers by force of numbers, or stay huddled inside of explored areas--which is a nope.

I can dig it. I volunteer to jetpack a grid across unexplored terrains/oceans, to force rendering during minimal players-on-line hours.

If ten of us do this, the loading problems will be gone within one week. And us fliers/boaters will accrue claim blocks while doing this good deed.

Who else is game? No dilly-dallying and pillaging of easy pickings though...okay? :d

Thanks for your efforts in this! This world size is more than 6x larger than previous survival worlds (60,000 block diameter versus 24,000), so generating the entire map is going to be a chore. We're actively working on a way to have it generated on another machine, so don't feel obligated to spend time flying around. :)
Posted Mar 1, 17 · Last edited Mar 1, 17
Helpful
List
Undo
Page
of 8
NoticeNotices